Each year on 8th March millions of people around the world join together to celebrate International Women's Day. Thousands of events are held throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate achievements. The idea of these events is to create a shift in both women's and society's thoughts about women's equality and emancipation. The goal to ensure a future for girls that is bright, equal, safe and rewarding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbqT_ubkT0Y I found this Youtube video quite inspiring, it poses the question 'what advice would you give your younger self?' if we could give ourselves advice that would help to steer us into our futures.
For me? well... here goes;
1. Follow your heart not your head
2. Take a leap of faith
3. Travel travel travel (started quite late with this one BUT at least I started)
4. Never give up on your dream (still aiming high)
5. No doubts just go for it!
6. 'Believe you can and your half way there'
and lucky no.7
7. Stop sucking your thumb - your front teeth won't thank you!
8. Love your skinny ankles
9. Love your curly hair (DO NOT iron it!)
But most of all...
10. LOVE YOURSELF FIRST!
How will you celebrate?